What is a Yokohama Hose
Yokohama hose is known for its “Long Life and High Durability” because of the materials used in creating their hoses. They made it with different materials depending on the usage, climate conditions, pressure, and operating environment.
They also test their hoses using a higher-pressure cycle than the normal SAE testing at 1.2 million impulses in contrast with the average SAE testing of 400,000-500,000 impulses. This method is based on the rigorous spike testing method of Hitachi and Komatsu.
Yokohama has been operating since 1917 and is a market leader who supply many of the industry’s best such as Hitachi, IHI, Kato, Kobelco, Komatsu, and Yanmar.
The Yokohama hydraulic hoses that we offer are matched with our hydraulic fittings and come with factory-recommended crimp specifications allowing our customers to buy with confidence. We take great pride in the services and quality we offer as the preferred partner of Yokohama in New Zealand.
6 Key Benefits of Yokohama Hoses
- Half the Bend Radius: The bend radius is half of the conventional spiral hoses type SAE, giving you greater flexibility and ease of use.
- Smaller O.D.: The smaller O.D enables you to fit more hose in tight quarters or jump up a hose size for better fluid flow.
- Impulse Test Performance: Yokohama hose is superior in performance and service life.
- Constant Pressure: Made to ISO 18752 specifications and provides constant pressure performance across all sizes.
- High Abrasion Resistance: The highly abrasion-resistant cover of this hose delivers long, dependable service life in rigorous and/or remote installations.
- Lighter Hose: This hose weighs 25% less than conventional spiral hoses. Thus it helps improve the fuel economy, is easier to handle, and easier to install.